If the setup failed after the app asked you to enter your WIFI, here are a few helpful tips to ensure the connection is successful:
- Ensure that you have entered your WIFI password correctly. The kettle needs permission to connect to your home network, the connection will fail if the password is entered incorrectly.
- We advise that during the setup that you, your device and the kettle are next to the router. This is so the kettle and your device is able to receive the strongest signal from your router.
- The iKettle 2.0 can only connect to a 2.4ghz WIFI signal, please ensure your device is connected to a 2.4ghz signal.
- If you are unsure what signal your router emits you can generally find this information on your provider's website.
- If you have a dual-band router, meaning that your routers two signals one which is 2.4ghz the second which is 5ghz please ensure you are connected to the 2.4ghz signal.
Often a dual-band network emits two separate signals. If your device is connected to both your device will switch between the two. To ensure your device only connects to the 2.4ghz signal, during the setup process, please go into your WIFI setting select the 5ghz signal then select “forget”
Sometimes a dual-band network emits only one signal in your WIFI settings but it will still be emitting two signals. This means you can not see what signal your device is connected to. What you can do is, ask your provider to split the network so you can ensure your device is connected to the 2.4ghz signal, during the set up process.
Please do not hesitate to get in touch with Smarter Support by emailing us at email@example.com. You can also give us a call us on 0800 802 1237 if you are in the UK or EU or on +1 (855) 489 5522 if you are in the US.