During the firmware update, the app will ask you to go into your WIFI settings and connect to the iKettle update network which will be a variation on "iKettle2:update".
If you can only see the iKettle network without the word update in the network name please follow the steps below.
- Turn product off at the wall.
- Press and hold the button on the base.
- Turn the power on at the wall and keep holding the button 10 seconds.
- The button should start flashing slowly.
- Connect to the "Update" network and wait for it to connect. (Check that the signal bars at the top of the phone screen is there, can take up to 55 seconds)
If the button is not flashing but solid white please repeat the first three steps.
Please do not hesitate to get in touch with Smarter Support by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also give us a call us on 0800 802 1237 if you are in the UK or EU or on +1 (855) 489 5522 if you are in the US.