If the set up to your iKettle 3rd generation was not successful, the app will notify you with a pop up saying “Unable to connect”.
Before trying again please read the below tips for a successful connection.
- If the kettle has been connected to another account you do not have to redo the setup, the user that first setup the kettle has to invite you as a user. Have a look at this support article: How do I connect another device to my iKettle 3rd generation? https://support.smarter.am/hc/en-us/articles/115003586085-How-do-I-connect-another-device-to-my-iKettle-3rd-generation-
- Please ensure the setup is done as close to your router as possible. It can be moved once completed.
- Ensure the WIFI network you are connecting to is a 2.4ghz signal. If you have a dual-band network that has is split into 5ghz and 2.4ghz, please ensure your device is connected to the 2.4ghz signal and has forgotten the 5ghz before you start the setup. You can reconnect to the 5ghz signal after the setup.
- Please check the WIFI password and name is entered correctly. (characters are case sensitive)
- Please check that the connection light at the bottom of the base is flashing. Once plugged in, the connection light will flash for 60 seconds. If the connection light is not flashing, please unplug and wait a few seconds before replugging.
- When pairing using BlinkUp, ensure that your device is directly on the connection light. Once the countdown to BlinkUp begins, you can place your device flat on top of the connection light. Your device will vibrate when the BlinkUp has completed. Please remember the BlinkUp is light sensitive, so avoid any direct light to the connection light as this could interfere.
- If you are having problems connecting to an Android phone or tablet, please ensure the following:
- Screen brightness is not set to Auto
- Screen brightness is at maximum
- If you have a Samsung S20 you may need to update the screen refresh rate from 120hz to 60hz for it to work.
Now you have all the knowledge for a successful setup you can select restart the setup!
If you need to get in touch, Smarter Support is open Monday to Friday 9am - 5:00pm GMT and can be contacted via the 'Contact Us' section on our website by clicking the following link: Contact Us