A couple of things to bear in mind before completing a full reset are that you must be connecting to a 2.4GHz router and the setup of the Smarter Coffee machine must be performed next to your router (it can then be moved after the setup).
The steps are as follows, please follow them in the correct order:
1) Reset the coffee machine. You can do this by pressing and holding the Start (top left) button for 10 seconds until the message 'wifi reset' appears on the screen.
2) Unplug the coffee machine, wait 10 seconds and plug it back in.
3) Delete and reinstall the app from your device.
4) Make sure your device is connected to your home network under settings and Wi-Fi.
5) Turn your Wi-Fi off for a few seconds and then on again, to refresh the connection.
6) Open the Smarter app and follow the instructions.
We have found that following these steps fixes most connectivity issues. Please let me know whether you are still having problems connecting to your Smarter Coffee machine.
Smarter Support is open Monday to Friday 9am - 5:00pm GMT and can be contacted via the 'Contact Us' section on our website by clicking the following link: Contact Us