In case your Smarter Coffee machine has become stuck while updating, please follow the steps below to manually perform the firmware update.
- Turn product off at the wall.
- Press and hold the 2 left buttons on the control panel.
- Turn the power on at the wall and keep holding the two buttons for 10 seconds.
- The "Update" screen should then appear. (Check this has appeared on the screen, good news if it has!)
- Connect to the "Update" network and wait for it to connect. (Check that the signal bars at the top of the iPhone screen are there, this can take up to 55 seconds)
- Open the Smarter app
- Select "update" firmware either via the 'pop-up' or from the 'About' page
- Select 'next', it will take you to the page where it tells you to connect to update network.
- Close and open the app ONCE.
- Press next
- It should update...
- Once it reaches 100%, the coffee machine screen will say "Loading" while it reboots.
NB: IGNORE ALL POP UPS THAT ADVISE UN-PLUGGING THE MACHINE, UNLESS IT POPS UP ON THE "Oops Failure" PAGE AT THE END.
Please do not hesitate to get in touch with Smarter Support by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also give us a call us on 0800 802 1237 if you are in the UK or EU or on +1 (855) 489 5522 if you are in the US.