If customers are using their machines regularly, we advise that they descale their coffee machine at least once a month in order to remove any scale build-up caused by water.
- Fill the water tank with coffee machine descaler and water to 12 cups. (The ratio will depend on the descaler instruction.)
- If you do not have a descaler (This is recommended) suitable for coffee machines, you can, instead, use white vinegar or lemon juice. The ratio for this is 4 cups white vinegar/lemon juice 8 cups water. (Filter water is preferred but tap will also be fine.)
- Position the carafe in place, select ‘filter 12 cups’ then ‘start’.
- When you start seeing water come through to the carafe, stop the brew and let it sit for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Finish the brew by selecting filter then 12 cups.
- Then run 2 more cycles of filter 12 cups with just water to get all the limescale out and descaler out.
If you need to get in touch, Smarter Support is open Monday to Friday 9am - 5:00pm GMT and can be contacted via the 'Contact Us' section on our website by clicking the following link: Contact Us