A couple of things to bear in mind before completing a full reset are that you must be connecting to a 2.4GHz router and the setup of the iKettle must be performed next to your router (it can then be moved after the set up).
The steps are as follows:
1) Press and hold down the 65 degrees Celsius button on the base until you hear several beeps.
2) Unplug the base, wait 10 seconds and plug it back in.
3) A hard reset is then needed of your router (please note that this will revert it back to the original factory password, which can usually be found on the router sticker). Press and hold the reset button for about 10 seconds (this can be a pinhole button at the back of the router). It will take a few minutes to reset, please note that some routers can take up to 10 minutes to reset.
4) Delete and reinstall the app from your device.
5) Make sure your device is connected to your home network under settings and Wi-Fi. You will see an (i) in a small blue circle on the right-hand side of your home network and a blue tick on the left. Click on this and then click on 'Forget This Network'. This will allow your device to make a fresh connection and you can then re-select your router and re-enter your password when prompted.
6) Turn your Wi-Fi off for a few seconds and then on again, to refresh the connection
7) Open the iKettle app and follow the setup instructions.
Please do not hesitate to get in touch with Smarter Support by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also give us a call us on 0800 802 1237 if you are in the UK or EU or on +1 (855) 489 5522 if you are in the US.